About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.4 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
As an Aviation Security Agent, you will have the opportunity to interact with all airport departments, senior management, City departments, and all airport vendors, contractors, air carriers, and tenants, regarding the badging, fingerprinting and security training for over 32,000 airport employees. This person will perform front-line airport security work, processing requests for Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badges and other access authorizations at Denver International Airport (DEN).
- Provides assistance to customers in a prompt, efficient, courteous, and professional manner; works to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct and attention to detail, promotes a positive and friendly atmosphere and demonstrates empathy towards customers and coworkers
- Communicates effectively with others, verbally and in writing, considering the audience and nature of the information being shared
- Reviews and evaluates forms, applications, computations, documents, and other information to determine accuracy, acceptability and compliance with federal and DEN security regulations
- Explains Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Airport Security Program (ASP) rules, regulations and expectations to new airport, air carrier, concessionaire, and contract employees.
- Verifies and accurately records information in badging enterprise software for use in security threat assessment and criminal history records checks
- Captures fingerprint impressions of applicants to submit to the FBI for criminal history records checks
- Enrolls and trains customers in the biometrics and facial authentication programs for specific employee access points at DEN
- Maintains confidentiality of personally identifiable information per federal regulations
- Advises applicants on appropriate area and format of training to complete badging process
- Ensures all applicants successfully complete required training prior to issuing an Airport ID badge
- Advises authorized signatories on Security Directive requirements, airport rules and regulations, the ASP and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part 1540 and 1542
- Maintains currency on all changes and updates to local and federal regulations, Airport Security Program and TSA security directives
- Answers high-volume phone requests for information and appointments
- Accurately distributes vehicle permits and security keys to customers
- Operates and maintains specialized equipment associated with badge creation
- Receives, records, and disburses monetary transactions while observing city cash handling requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
We are looking for a positive, energetic, team player who thrives in a fast pace high volume environment. In addition, we need someone who is flexible, reliable and has excellent communications skills and attention to detail. Our Ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Two plus years’ experience in Aviation, Security and/or Customer Service
- Three years data entry experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with security related software (Safe/Quantum Secure)
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience performing clerical work in a security, compliance, or regulatory organization.
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- Licensure & Certification: Requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts
About Everything Else
CC2852 Aviation Security Agent
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Pay Range $18.41 – $26.88
Denver International Airport
Customer Service Agent: ComplianceSet featured image
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.